ONLINE TEACHER TRAINING COURSE ¬†via Online/VisioConferences
This Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training is designed to give certified Yoga Teachers, Health and Sports Professionals the confidence and skills to become a successful Prenatal Yoga Teacher wherever you are in the world. The Online Course is an excellent choice if venue-based training¬†isn’t possible, or if you prefer the convenience of studying at home with a private online tutor.
The Prenatal Yoga Teacher Online Training Course includes all the training, materials and support needed to become a certified Teacher and teach to pregnant women at yoga studios, fitness centers, health centres, perinatal institutions and private venues, anywhere in the world. It doesn’t stop there.¬†As an experienced Prenatal Yoga Teacher you’ll have the chance to progress with our continued education programme.
BREAKING DOWN THE ONLINE COURSE
Structured over approximately 120 hours, the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Online Training Course is broken down as follows:
- Independent Studies:¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†60 hours
- Attending Classes:¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† 22 hours ¬†¬†¬†Vizyoga practice
- Vizyoga Group Classes practice:¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†10 hours ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†10-week core-cursus
- Private Vizyoga Consultation: ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† 15 hours ¬†¬†¬†Vizyoga one-to-one
- Assessment Preparation: ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†5 hours
- Assessment: ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†¬†3 hours
- 5 additional hours for mentorship after training
The art of natural birth through yoga and a safe physical practice
Goal of the training:
Worldwide official recommendations invite pregnant women to move.¬†¬† Yoga Teachers, Health and Sports Professionals now need to integrate new techniques for a safe and efficient practice for pregnant women.
In this training course, 3 points of focus are underlined:
Pregnancy & Biomechanics¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† –¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Safe Yoga¬†¬†¬†¬† –¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Perineum¬†& Abdominal principles
Module 1: Pregnancy & Biomechanics
Physiology of Pregnancy
- Understand physiological modifications linked to pregnancy and postpartum in order to adapt physical practice the best way. Physical practice should be specific to each stage and each trimester. A good hygiene with a proper physical activity is the key to understanding what it takes to give birth and even allows a relief on the lumbar area, improved breathing, helps combat fatigue and promotes maintaining a correct posture on a daily basis.
- ‚ÄúNo Damages Yoga‚ÄĚ
Module 2: Safe Yoga
Pregnancy and physical activities
- Maintain a great level of energy during pregnancy for a better physical preparation to birthing and more importantly for natural birthing: Postures, relaxation and dynamics of relaxation, mechanical problems as well as functional problems.
- Breathing Methods
- Use of tools, fitball, armchair/desk cushion, belts
- Nidralogy ‚Äď The art of relaxing for The Good Reason
Module 3: Perineum & Abdominal Principles
Abdo-perineum in Pre & Post Natal
- Limit the risks of prolepsis and diastasis of rectus abdominals during pregnancy & post partum.
- Recover and get back a deep abdominal belt, toned pelvic floor in the 6 weeks after birth.
- Improve the existing diastasis and reduce persisting prolepsis after six weeks.
- Haptonomy ‚Äď science of affection
We study in particular¬†:
- Anatomy (specific to pregnancy) & Biomechanics, Breathing methods
- Science of Affection – Haptonomy
- Nidralogy ‚Äď Relaxation based on the principle of self-hypnosis
- Foundations of Yoga and in particular ¬†‚ÄėNo Damages Yoga‚Äô
The 3 modules might be presented in a different order for the benefit of the teaching technique
100% Yoga Perinatal – Geneva is the reference center for Prenatal Yoga created by
– Sylvain Lonchay, Yoga Teacher in Geneva, Switzerland. Member of IAYT International Association of Yoga Therapist and Teacher at the University for Health in Geneva ‚Äď Switzerland
– Dr Branislav Korkodelovic ‚Äď Medical Doctor. Expert in Anesthesiology, Cardiology and consultant in Anatomy
Sylvain Lonchay offers a physical approach, traditional savoir-faire and benefits of modern medicine. Many years of training have helped consolidate this knowledge, aiming at avoiding and preventing mistakes in biomechanics during pregnancy and when giving birth, taking into consideration all potential physiological issues. The practice of traditional yoga (Hatha Yoga) should be adapted to pregnancy particulars and this method allows the best physical activity a woman should consider if she wants to give birth naturally.
With the supervision of Dr Korkodelovic, this training takes you in-depth for more academic knowledge and appropriate comments related to Anatomy and when it comes to epidural anesthesia. Additionally, the experience and teachings of Midwife Maite Trelaun brings to those workshops the necessary tools for giving birth with no suffering.
Sylvain Lonchay teaches prenatal yoga to midwives during their studies at the Health University in Geneva, Switzerland, where Yoga is now recognised by Health Insurances and has Federal recognition when it comes to trainings for Yoga Therapy. He works to open horizons to more Health Professionals with the same understanding of what ‚Äėsafe‚Äô yoga has to offer together with some traditional aspects of yoga.
More than a simple combination of practices, this method offers a type of training adapted to each physiology avoiding taking risks. It is preventive work based on biomechanical concepts while we also explore affectivity aspects with the complexity to become a parent and the various needs in terms of relaxation for pregnant women.
Numerous future moms search for a Certified Instructor to prepare them for the great and unique day¬†! 100% Yoga Perinatal – Geneva allows you to securely teach to women where many others sometimes offer risky practices.
We believe teaching prenatal yoga is not only to speak about peace and love while trying an adapted down-dog position. It is an art, the art of natural birthing but only if you are aware of all risks, inconveniences and dangers of a regular practice of hatha yoga not adapted to pregnancy. Our inspiration, Dr de Gasquet, spent her life researching the best for pregnancy with what modern science can bring¬†through various exams, understanding more with
X-rays, RMI, neuro muscular factors and obstetric basis to create a real method called APOR.
INDEPENDENT STUDIES AT YOUR OWN PACE
Students have a weekly appointment for the private Vizyoga session with the Lead Instructor, scheduled when you are available and comfortable at home.
Group sessions are scheduled once a week, in the morning, and the same will also be presented in the evening, in order to give you a chance to adapt your schedule to the timing of the group session and also what suits your occupation best. These 20 sessions can be followed over a 20-week core-cursus and if you miss one of those sessions, you have the opportunity to catch up by looking at the video recording or during the following 20-week core-cursus. Certification will only be given to people who have attended the entire 20-week core-cursus
You can start the training when you want. We will first go through the fundamentals in the 20 private sessions and you can join the group sessions when you want and when you have time in order to complete the training this way.
Students are invited to secure the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Learner Zone, for access to a comprehensive learning package.
The Prenatal Yoga Teacher Learner Section¬†includes:
- A detailed Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Course PDF Manual
- Remote Lessons Log
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Course Homework Video Download
- Recommended Reading List
All of the materials are available to the student to study before, during and after the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Online Training Course, in order to:
- Familiarise with the Prenatal Yoga class structure, transitions and individual postures with
anatomical illustrations, descriptions and modifications.
- Learn how Prenatal Yoga Teacher Online Training Course compliments the pregnancy practice and how it provides women with great advantages, contributes to improved technique, prevents injury and enhances the beauty of giving birth naturally.
- Learn about Prenatal Yoga methods, theory and philosophy.
- Learn how Prenatal Yoga Teacher Online Training Course distinguishes itself as an alternative form of yoga, and how it meets the needs of individual students with or without perinatal experience.
Every student receives up to 15-hours vizyoga consultation with a Prenatal Yoga Teacher via Skype, FaceTime or Hangouts, to help you:
- Master the structure, timing and function of each stage of the Prenatal class
- Learn to cue and demonstrate physically and verbally
- Develop the ability to teach a safe and effective Prenatal class with cautions and modifications
- Instruct and motivate students from different backgrounds
- Cultivate good practice, maintain patience and a positive mental attitude
- Learn about group dynamics and the most effective teaching strategy, from managing different psychological profiles to providing appropriate feedback and encouragement
FINAL ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
To receive a Prenatal Yoga Teacher Course Certificate and become qualified to teach Prenatal Yoga, students must successfully deliver a Prenatal Yoga class against a set criteria.
It is required that within 3 months of completing the Courses, students submit a video for assessment (included free of charge).
A LITTLE HELP FOR OUR FRIENDS
We developed the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Online Training Course to support our Yoobuntoo House Project and to create a network of teachers who can come and teach underprivileged pregant women, for free, from a few days or up to one month in the Yoobuntoo House in a township in South Africa. We want to give children a bright start and yoga will definitely contribute to that goal¬†!
Ahimsa is the first principle of Yama, the ethical codes of conduct of the 8 fold Yoga philosophy path. Ahimsa is non-violence to all beings including non-harmful words and thoughts. Karma Yoga is about the Yoga of action. These two fundamental aspects of Yoga have been brought together by two like-minded practitioners in the field of Yoga, health and medicine, to provide a holistic and comprehensive treatment in a peace rehabilitation haven for victims of violence from women, to children and sexually discriminated genders in underprivileged communities.
Ahimsa is found in every layer of the practice of Yoga. As such Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for adults, Yoga for children, and Yoga for Stress, are the various modalities and main tools of Yoga to be used to provide a holistic treatment for women, children and victims of homophobia. The place where victims of violence can have a voice to speak out, who can be treated with appropriate care and compassion, and can find sanctuary from the abuse is Yoobuntoo House ‚Äď A peace and rehabilitation haven to be created by the non-profit Karma Yoga organization, Swiss Yogathon founded by Sylvain Lonchay, a Yoga Therapist, and Branislav Korkodelovic, a Medical Doctor.
The mission of Yoobuntoo House is to help with a socio-medical approach whenever possible by providing a co-ordinated, safe, effective and sustainable outpatient approach based on cooperation between professionals such as Yoga teachers, Yoga therapists, a nurse, a doctor, social workers, psychologist and lawyers. Care and social care through Yoga is provided as a common denominator to meet needs when there is no response from society or communities thereby providing a comprehensive support for victims, confidentiality and sustainability.
The philosophy of Yoobuntoo House is to welcome victims of violence of any nature and the vision is to combat violence against victims with an inter-professional and multidisciplinary response.
To bring this dream of funding Yoobuntoo House to reality, Swiss Yogathon will host various fund raising events with ALL proceeds going towards the creation of this haven in an underprivileged community in Cape Town.
The main fund raising events include a Yoga & Pregnancy course for certified Yoga Teachers, midwives, physiotherapists, masseurs, osteopaths and sports professionals in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Geneva, Yogathons to be arranged worldwide by international teachers and Yoga class donation initiatives organized nationally and globally in 2017.
The word Yoga means to ‚Äėyoke together‚Äô the body, mind and spirit to bring about physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health & well-being. Let us Yoga together as a community, as a nation, as a global force to bring about the physical healing, the peace of mind, strength of emotion, the mending of spirit and the path back to sanctity to victims of violence.
Please offer your contribution in Karma Yoga to support this Yoobuntoo House Karma Project by participating, by spreading the love and sharing the sacred importance of Ahimsa.
The cost of the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Online Training Course, including all training materials, online consultation and final assessment, is 1260 euros¬†(or, equivalent in your local currency).¬†
Exclusive to the Online Course, you have the option to pay in full or in three monthly, interest-free, instalments of 420‚ā¨ (or, equivalent in your local currency).¬†Once we have received either your first or full payment, we will process your enrolment within 48 hours.
We provide two options for payment:
You can make payment by PayPal¬†even if you do not have a PayPal account. PayPal will accept the use of payment cards.
If you are paying in a currency that is not Euro, PayPal will convert the amount to your local currency.
— BANK TRANSFER
You can make payment, either the full amount (‚ā¨1260) or three monthly, interest-free instalments (‚ā¨420),¬†by bank transfer, using the details we can send you with the registration form.
Transferring from an International bank account ¬†(Upon Request)
HAVE A QUESTION?
Please call us on +41 (0)788 588 148
or contact us on email@example.com