- Pre-pose Hansasana.
- From Hansasana, bring the shoulders and face downwards and slide (shift) the torso forward to raise the toes above the ground.
- Maintain the body horizontal and then try to elevate the legs higher.
In the final position the weight of the body is balanced by the muscles of the abdomen and not the chest.
- Metabolic process is stimulated, all the digestive organs are massaged and digestion is improved.
- Useful for flatulence, constipation, diabetes, sluggishness of the liver, kidneys and spleen.
- Endocrine system is balanced.
- Stimulates elimination of toxins from the blood.
- Removal of skin conditions such as boils.
- All muscles of the body are strengthened.
- The three doshas are balanced.
Weak forearms, weak wrists, weak abdomen, recent surgical operations, high blood pressure, heart disease, ulcer, physical weakness, pregnancy, menstruation, hernia.